Through collaborative partnerships, innovative funding programs and catalytic opportunities, SkillUp Washington creates pathways and opportunities for thousands of low-income individuals.
Since 2007, SkillUp Washington has partnered with employers, community colleges, government, and community organizations in Washington state, fostering cross-system collaboration and partnership through leveraging, incubating and short-term piloting grants. SkillUp focuses on the state’s highest demand fields: manufacturing, transportation, construction, business, healthcare, and technology. Its work and strategic partnerships are targeted to:
- Bridge gaps between job openings and job seekers to help individuals and business thrive;
- Connect with businesses, community organizations, training programs and colleges to identify best practices and build partners;
- Invest in post-secondary education, training or work placement programs that help low-income adults;
- Advocate for policy changes to improve outcomes for low-income adults; and
- Share research and best practices to help others learn.
SkillUp Washington is always open to new funders to help provide new workforce opportunities for employers and low-income adults. Please contact email@example.com to talk about funding opportunities.