Grant deadline: June 1, 2013
Please note: Your organization must have received a grant from The Seattle Foundation's Health & Wellness Grantmaking Program in 2010, 2011 or 2012 in order to apply for funding in 2013.
The Seattle Foundation is committed to fostering health and wellness for people throughout our region. Our work is focused on making sure that everyone in King County has access to quality care, including physical and dental health, cognitive, emotional, and mental health. Goals within the Health & Wellness element are to: improve access to: basic healthcare, especially services and treatment for those who are low-income, uninsured and/or underinsured; support efforts designed to reduce and/or eliminate disparities in health status due to poverty and/or race; and support efforts that protect the safety net for the vulnerable in our community through case management, treatment, and counseling services. The fields of interest and populations captured in this element include: healthcare, dental care, mental health, domestic violence, developmentally disabled, physically disabled, seniors, and birth to three programs, substance abuse programs and child welfare programs.
What We Fund
The Foundation is currently looking to fund organizations working to make significant progress toward the following two strategies:
- Ensure access to quality healthcare by supporting organizations focused on:
- serving underserved and at-risk populations
- sustaining or increasing delivery capacity
- addressing health disparities or disproportionately affected populations
- Promote the well-being of our community's most vulnerable residents by supporting organizations focused on:
- improving outcomes for individuals and families experiencing a crisis
- providing services to populations with special needs, such as the elderly and people with disabilities
- meeting the needs of individuals and families that have the least access to resources
Organizations meeting all of the following criteria will be eligible for grants in 2013 from the Health & Wellness grants cycle:
- be an organization that received a grant from The Seattle Foundation's Grantmaking Program in 2010, 2011 or 2012;
- be an organization that meets one or both of The Seattle Foundation's Health & Wellness funding strategies.
We recommend that you contact us to discuss your funding request before submitting an application. Please contact email@example.com or call (206) 515-2109.
Other Things to Consider
- The Foundation does not support disease-specific organizations and does not support health research projects.
- Capital campaign funding requests are not considered for funding.
- Organizations that have less than a three-year operating history after receiving its 501(c)(3) classification are considered a low priority.
- Organizations that have an annual operating budget less than $100,000 as reflected in the most recently filed IRS Form 990 are considered a low priority.
- Multi-year grants are not considered.
The Foundation awards grants that provide general support to organizations working to address the two prioritized strategies within the Health & Wellness element.
The next deadline for Health & Wellness is June 1, 2013. Grants will be awarded in December 2013.
The following steps outline the application process and information we are requesting. Please use this information to help you get started so that you are ready to submit your application when our online system is available.
The first step of the process is to contact a staff member to ensure that your organization is a strong fit for our funding strategies. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 515-2109.
The second step is to update your organization's profile on our website. If you are new to our website or not logged in, you will first be taken to a login/registration page where you can log in or register to create a new online account. If you don't have a login yet, we encourage you to create an account as soon as possible, as it can take up to two business days to validate your login.
The third step is to complete an online application. Once you have updated your organization’s profile, you will be able to begin the online application. Please follow the above link to access the online application.
Please refer to the Application Components for a complete list of narrative questions and required attachments.
Step Four (For grant recipients only)
The fourth step requires completion of a Status Report within one year from the date an organization receives a grant.
Please do not submit any books, DVDs or videos with the application.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact our grantmaking team at email@example.com or (206) 515-2109.