Providence Marianwood Foundation Programs
Personalized Care for Each Resident
- Based on the choices and preferences of each individual, delivered with respect and compassion. We take the time to get to know the person and develop a relationship of mutual caring and respect.
- Board-certified medical director, psychiatrist, geriatric nurse practitioner, pharmacist, podiatrist, dentist, and ophthalmologist available.
- Professional, kind, compassionate, respectful skilled nursing care for older adults Specialize in caring for residents with Alzheimer’s Disease and other forms of dementia. Palliative and hospice care providing personalized support to the terminally ill and their families that includes pain control as well as social, emotional, and spiritual support.
Recreational Therapy and Activities
- Meaningful and enriching activities are offered daily. Programs offered to encourage building of skills/talents, maintaining and rebuilding functionality, and just for fun!
- Music therapy, singing groups, martial arts training, art projects, brain/memory games, outdoor excursions, recreation, entertainment, and arts & crafts are vital to overall health and quality of life.
- Twice a year, the Eastside Harley Owner’s Group offers motorcycle rides to our residents!
Spiritual and Social Work Resource
- Social workers engage with long-term care residents and their families to provide support and resources as needed
- Full-time, board-certified chaplain on staff assists residents and families with meeting their spiritual needs through non-religious or religious expressions. Worship services held on site with the support of many denominations and clergy from the surrounding community.
- Compassionate end of life support for residents and families
Recent Successes and Current Challenges
Over 75% of Marianwood's most elderly long term residents have exhausted their personal savings and private insurance benefits, relying on government programs. Marianwood continues to provide the same high quality care regardless of ability to pay.
As a result of our mission in providing care regardless of compensation, our expenses exceed our revenues and we depend on community support in the amount of $350,000 per year. This support is a vital part of our $10 million annual operating budget that maintains Providence Marianwood as a resource for the elderly in our community who have outlived their savings and financial resources.