Washington Women In Need Programs
WWIN provides four types of grants that are geared to help low-income women achieve their goals, from accessing much needed physical and mental health care to earning a degree that will help them land a job.
- Education Grants - For higher education, including tuition and books, at any accredited institution in Washington. ($5000 ea.)
- Counseling Grants - For up to 24 sessions of mental health counseling with a licensed therapist (up to $2000 ea.)
- Physical, Dental, Vision and Hearing Grants - For preventative physical health exams, preventative and restorative dental care, eye exams and glasses, and hearing exams and hearing aids. (up to $3000 ea.)
- Health Insurance Premium Grants - For coverage of insurance premium, co-payments, and deductible expenses for up to one year. (up to $2500 ea.)
Recent Successes and Current Challenges
WWIN disbursed over $590,000 towards 173 individual grants this year for education and health care.
Our results extend beyond the number of grants awarded. We know that our grantees are using WWIN funding to the fullest extent, and they tell us in post-grant surveys and interviews that WWIN grants have helped them to change their lives. In fact, of the 2011 grantees who responded to our surveys:
- 98% reported that the WWIN grant improved the quality of their lives
- 95% reported that the WWIN grant helped them to meet their goals
Women like Debbie, who was awarded a counseling and education grant - a much needed a hand up, so that she could transform her life.
"The grant helped me work through a lot of complex issues to establish trust and courage to move forward with my life."
With the education grant received through WWIN, Debbie received her Bachelor’s degree, and is now on her way to earning a Master’s Degree.
Though we are thrilled to report the success of the women we have served, we know that there are thousands of women in Washington who desperately need WWIN's help. In the last six months alone, we have had to turn away over 500 eligible applicants for our grant programs. And, those are the women who know about and reach out to WWIN; there are many more who go without help.
Our goal in 2013, is to provide 200 women with the opportunity to achieve financial stability and wellness – a 14% increase over 2012.
With your help today, we will succeed in our mission of improving the lives of low-income women in Washington with financial grants for education and healthcare - empowering them with the ability to attain financial stability and wellness. One woman. Generations of impact.
Thank you for your generosity and support.