Whatcom Community Foundation Programs
The Whatcom Community Foundation enriches the quality of life in Whatcom County by:
- strengthening the resilience and quality of the nonprofit sector through training, technical assistance and grants made with local dollars;
- providing leadership on initiatives that address emerging community needs and opportunities; and,
- working with individuals, families and businesses to make good investments with their philanthropy.
The Whatcom Community Foundation seeks funding to address these important needs of our community as a whole.
Recent Successes and Current Challenges
We have launched a major project called the Prosperity Initiative
which seeks to address intergenerational poverty in our community. We are partnering with our hospital, health department, local government, human service organizations, businesses, and other funders and donors to look at how we can work together to accelerate our work on alleviating poverty.
The focus of the Initiative is based on community needs assessments and aims to mitigate adverse childhood experiences and optimize child development by working to:
- Create a welcoming and inclusive community for all children.
- Ensure children and families have safe healthy places to live.
- Support healthy pregnancy and parenting for emerging families
- Provide enricehd learning environments for support of developmental needs.
Please find our current financial information at: http://www.whatcomcf.org/foundation_financial_information.html