Support organizations and issues you care about and enjoy the benefits of a charitable fund.
How it Works
- You make a gift of cash or other assets to establish your fund at The Seattle Foundation.
- You receive an immediate tax deduction for your charitable contribution.
- Your funds are invested according to our investment philosophy to protect principal, generate current income and ensure capital growth.
- You (or your heirs) recommend grants from your donor advised fund to support other charitable organizations locally, nationally or internationally.
- After our review and approval, we make the grants in your fund’s name.
Learn more about our personalized services for fundholders
a Donor Advised Fund with other fund types where the Foundation manages grantmaking.
How You Benefit
We handle all of the paperwork. You centralize your charitable giving, without the costs and administrative burden of a private foundation.
You enjoy the highest level of charitable tax benefits. You pay no start-up costs. You receive written acknowledgement for tax purposes of contributions you make to your donor advised fund, as well as regular summaries of the grants your fund has made.