Philanthropy has the power to ensure all people have an equal opportunity to achieve their full potential. Seattle Foundation provides the expertise, network of partners and research that enables philanthropists to maximize their impact in meeting our community’s most critical needs. Every day, we convene, communicate with and catalyze our philanthropic partners, uniting passion and discipline to create lasting change. We call this intersection the heart and science of philanthropy.

Visit the GiveBIG website to learn about the community nonprofits we work with.

  • 1,200

    Number of community philanthropists working with Seattle Foundation to create lasting change



    man standing in field silhouetted with gray overlay
  • Over $1 billion

    Total amount Seattle Foundation has invested over the past 70 years to help make Greater Seattle a stronger, more vibrant community for all



    child drawing with markers with gray overlay
  • Almost $100 million

    Total funds raised the past seven years via Seattle Foundation’s annual GiveBIG online event



    view of skyscrapers with trees bordering image with gray overlay
  • 11,643

    Number of people unsheltered in King County

    Source: All Home: 2017 Count Us In Report



    tentcity on I-5
  • 2160%

    Difference in average income between Seattle's top 1% and the other 99%

    Source: Economic Policy Institute: Income Inequality in the U.S. by state, metro area and county, June 16, 2016



    people walking the city streets with gray overlay

Philanthropy is critical

Our region is prospering, yet many of our community members have been left behind in the rush of new opportunities and wealth. Philanthropy can help right this imbalance by ensuring that everyone in our community has the chance to thrive. Seattle Foundation guides philanthropists to make investments that directly address inequities and result in powerful change.

Impact

The Voice of Philanthropy in Our Community

Hurricane in Florida

Aid for Hurricane Irma’s Victims

September 10, 2017

Ways to assist the relief and recovery efforts in Florida and the Caribbean

Protestor holds her son at an immigration rally in DC

Community Responds to Dismantling of DACA

September 08, 2017

Discontinuing rights for ‘Dreamers’ will affect many

pointing finger on screen

Element Notes -- September 7

September 07, 2017

In this news roundup, Seattle’s response to new pressures on immigrants and refugees (including Seattle Foundation’s Resilience Fund), studies of the almost 20 year difference in life expectancy between Seattle zip codes and an explainer on how disasters like Hurricane Harvey and Irma are exacerbated by climate change