HealthierHere is a regional collaborative committed to transformative change in the health and well-being of King County residents. We bring together community members and leaders from diverse sectors to address persistent health disparities, improve population health, prevent disease and address the social determinants of health. We strive for the “quadruple aim”—providing better care, lower costs, and a better experience for patients and providers.
HealthierHere is one of nine Accountable Communities of Health in Washington State responsible for implementing a five-year Medicaid Transformation Project. This is one part of a much broader effort to achieve significant gains in health and well-being for our community.
As an organization, HealthierHere operates under a set of core values that include equity, community, partnership, innovation, and results. These values guide our work with each other and with our community partners. HealthierHere leads with equity. We work to intentionally eliminate disparities and address the current power dynamic and structural racism in our health care system that perpetuates inequities. We believe that every community member in King County should receive the type of care that they deserve - with respect and without stigma - to address their unique and individual needs.
As our name suggests, we are committed to health equity and believe that here, in King County, everyone’s health matters.
HealthierHere is leading the development of a Community Information Exchange (CIE) in King County. The regional CIE aims to strengthen care coordination for those in need by connecting people, service organizations, and clinical and community partners more quickly and effectively – resulting in a healthier, more equitable community for all. To achieve this aim, it will:
- Be a unified network of clinical and community partners that shares information and coordinates care for individuals and families in our region;
- Be governed by and representative of the community;
- Enable interoperability across technology platforms; and
- Operate as a “public utility”.
Over the past 18 months, HealthierHere has been convening clinical and community partners to collaboratively explore the opportunity to create a regional CIE. Now, with support from King County and Kaiser Permanente and in partnership with Crisis Connections and WA Serves, HealthierHere is moving forward with design of this community resource. If successful, the CIE will positively impact:
- Individuals and families who should experience improved health and well-being through increased awareness of and access to services that are better coordinated;
- Clinical and social service providers who should better understand individual and family needs and should be able to more effectively coordinate across sectors to help people get the care that they need; and
- Our community that should be able to make more effective and equitable allocations of resource based on data.
More information about HealthierHere and the Community Information Exchange can be found at: https://www.healthierhere.org/cie-planning/.
More information about HealthierHere can be found at: http://www.healthierhere.org. Information about Healthier Washington and the Medicaid Transformation Project can be found at: http://www.hca.wa.gov/hw/Pages/default.aspx.
The Community Engagement Manager, Community Information Exchange (CIE), responsibilities include:
- Conduct outreach to and build relationships with clinical and community-based organizations that are interested in participating in the regional CIE
- Center consumer voice in the design and implementation of a CIE
- Align with HealthierHere internal goals, values and initiatives
The Community Engagement Manager is responsible to implement the CIE partner network strategy as part of HealthierHere's CIE Team, deepening relationships among clinical and community providers, and facilitating effective working relationships that foster trust between partner agencies for the benefit of shared clients. This is a hands-on role contributing to the growth and maintenance of the CIE partner network, encouraging agencies to partner more deeply through participation in community care coordination technology systems in order to share client information, manage referrals and share client outcomes. Reporting to HealthierHere's Associate Director for CIE, the Community Engagement Manager will work across HealthierHere's other initiatives to help optimize information exchange.
HealthierHere’s goal is to build a highly skilled, diverse and motivated team of employees, working together to meet our community’s needs. The Community Engagement Manager will prioritize social justice and equity and be committed to creating forward progress in transforming the health of the population in King County.
- Conduct outreach to and build relationships with clinical and community-based organizations that may be interested in participating in the regional CIE
Support integration of consumer, community, and clinical voice in the design and implementation of a CIE
- Conduct outreach to HealthierHere partner organizations, their referral partners, and new organizations who may be interested in joining a county-wide community information exchange. This may include, but is not limited to community meetings, presentations and phone conversations to engage organizations and support the development of a regional CIE.
- Build and maintain relationships with the clinical and community partners engaged in the regional CIE through direct outreach and Network Partner meetings.
- Provide regular updates to key stakeholders on outreach and onboarding efforts.
- Work with CIE team to identify partner needs to effectively participate in CIE.
Align with HealthierHere internal goals, values and initiatives
- Support the development of consumer and community engagement efforts. Center consumer and community voice in CIE design and implementation.
- Coordinate CIE-focused community and consumer engagement sessions either as part of existing HealthierHere activities or as stand-alone events.
- Conduct appropriate follow up and ongoing support for community and consumer voice workstreams to ensure the organization’s equity and engagement principles are upheld.
- Coordinate with HealthierHere’s Equity & Engagement, and Clinical Practice Transformation teams to ensure coordination and alignment.
- Coordinate with other transformation work, making sure implementation of the CIE is in alignment with other HealthierHere activities and leverage those initiatives to advance collective goals
- Stay abreast of community initiatives and opportunities that have potential alignment with CIE
- Coordinate the collection of successful client stories for HealthierHere communications
- Build effective working relationships with peers, leadership and partners
- Apply HealthierHere’s equity and inclusion principles to ensure that the CIE reflects the organization’s values
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience working with clinical and/or community partners on health-related programs that focus on the integration of services
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing equity and supporting anti-racism practices within the delivery system
- Familiarity with the social service landscape in King County required; experience providing social or clinical services and/or navigation services in King County preferred
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written, with the ability to build trust while mobilizing people to take action.
- Demonstrated ability to engage individuals representing different cultures and backgrounds with ease, adapting language and style to the context both in person and at a distance.
- Experience leading projects to completion with limited supervision
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Experience implementing new initiatives and system transformation a plus
How to apply:
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, HealthierHere is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Healthier Here does not discriminate in employment based on age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. People of color, women, veterans, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.