HealthierHere: Accountant/Contract Analyst
Who is HealthierHere?
HealthierHere is a newly created nonprofit Limited Liability Company (LLC) and subsidiary of Seattle Foundation. HealthierHere's vision is that “by 2020, the people of King County will experience significant gain in health and well-being because our community worked collectively to make the shift from a costly, crisis-oriented response to health and social problems, to one that focuses on prevention, embraces recovery, and eliminates disparities.
As an organization, they operate under a set of core values that include equity, teamwork, integrity, accountability, preparedness, clear communication, innovation, and a healthy work environment. These values guide HealthierHere's work with each other and with community partners.
HealthierHere is one of nine regional Accountable Communities of Health (ACH) in Washington State that are part of the Healthier Washington Initiative and are responsible for implementing a five-year Medicaid Transformation Project. More information on Healthier Washington can be found at the Washington State Health Care Authority website. Information about King County’s ACH can be found at the ACH website.
What's the Opportunity?
HealthierHere is moving forward a portfolio of delivery system reform activities in alignment with the Health Care Authority’s Healthier Washington plan and goals as described in the Medicaid Transformation Project Toolkit. HealthierHere’s project portfolio includes activities related to bi-directional integration, chronic disease prevention and control, transitional care, and addressing the opioid crisis. In addition, HealthierHere is committed to system transformation activities that include robust care coordination, addressing the social determinants of health, and reducing health disparities in the region.
The Accountant/Contract Analyst reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and is responsible for: monitor partner and administrative contracts; payment of invoices, travel, monitor administrative budget; coordination with the Fiscal Sponsor (Seattle Foundation); set up financial processes and documentation; and other duties as required. The ideal candidate will possess deep accounting and contract knowledge, intermediate level of Excel and other Microsoft office products, have a broad understanding of health, including health equity, social determinants of health, and health care delivery and financing systems. This is a professional position involving daily project management.
The Accountant/Contractor Analyst will prioritize social justice and equity and be committed to creating forward progress in transforming the health of the population in King County.
Major duties include:
- Perform day-to-day management (including payment of invoices, etc.) of HealthierHere’s financial operations and interface with the Seattle Foundation as needed.
- Assist in the development, tracking and monitoring of contracts.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly administrative budget and monitor for variances.
- Assist in the annual fiscal year close with the Seattle Foundation.
- Account for various funding streams.
- Review, analyze, and process modifications to operating budgets and assist the CFO in meeting all financial commitments and goals.
- Coordinate payroll functions, auditing requirements, and contractor agreements.
- Set up necessary financial processes and documentation to ensure adequate checks and balances.
- Support the creation of communications and/or presentations to HealthierHere’s providers and stakeholders regarding financial requirements.
- Other duties as required.
What Is HealthierHere Looking For?
- Bachelor’s degree with at least three years of experience in financial or accounting role.
- Strong contracts skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Intermediary level in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in a variety of settings.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a fluid and dynamic environment.
Up to $80,000 – Depending on qualifications
How Do I Apply?
As an equal opportunity employer, Healthier Here is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Healthier Here does not discriminate in employment based on age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. People of color, women, veterans, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Open until filled.