HealthierHere is a regional collaborative committed to transformative change in the health and well-being of King County residents. We bring together community members and leaders from diverse sectors to address persistent health disparities, improve population health, prevent disease and address the social determinants of health. We strive for the “quadruple aim”—providing better care, lower costs, and a better experience for patients and providers.
HealthierHere is one of nine Accountable Communities of Health in Washington State responsible for implementing a five-year Medicaid Transformation Project. This is one part of a much broader effort to achieve significant gains in health and well-being for our community.
As an organization, HealthierHere operates under a set of core values that include equity, community, partnership, innovation, and results. These values guide our work with each other and with our community partners. HealthierHere leads with equity. We work to intentionally eliminate disparities and address the current power dynamic and structural racism in our health care system that perpetuates inequities. We believe that every community member in King County should receive the type of care that they deserve - with respect and without stigma - to address their unique and individual needs.
As our name suggests, we are committed to health equity and believe that here, in King County, everyone’s health matters.
HealthierHere is leading the development of a Community Information Exchange (CIE) in King County. The regional CIE aims to strengthen care coordination for those in need by connecting people, service organizations, and clinical and community partners more quickly and effectively – resulting in a healthier, more equitable community for all. To achieve this aim, it will:
- Be a unified network of clinical and community partners that shares information and coordinates care for individuals and families in our region;
- Be governed by and representative of the community;
- Enable interoperability across technology platforms; and
- Operate as a “public utility”.
Over the past 18 months, HealthierHere has been convening clinical and community partners to collaboratively explore the opportunity to create a regional CIE. Now, with support from King County and Kaiser Permanente and in partnership with Crisis Connections and WA Serves, HealthierHere is moving forward with design of this community resource. If successful, the CIE will positively impact:
- Individuals and families who should experience improved health and well-being through increased awareness of and access to services that are better coordinated;
- Clinical and social service providers who should better understand individual and family needs and should be able to more effectively coordinate across sectors to help people get the care that they need; and
- Our community that should be able to make more effective and equitable allocations of resource based on data.
More information about HealthierHere and the Community Information Exchange can be found at: https://www.healthierhere.org/cie-planning/.
More information about HealthierHere can be found at: http://www.healthierhere.org. Information about Healthier Washington and the Medicaid Transformation Project can be found at: http://www.hca.wa.gov/hw/Pages/default.aspx.
The Community Network Manager, Community Information Exchange (CIE), responsibilities include:
- Monitor network health and identify opportunities for network and service improvement with
the goal of building a strong and robust CIE in King County
- Provide ongoing support, training and peer learning opportunities to network members in
collaboration with the Community Engagement Manager
- Support the design and implementation of innovation initiatives to improve care coordination for
specific populations, services and other community-identified issues
- Align with HealthierHere internal goals, values and initiatives
Community Network Manager is responsible for the experience of clinical and community partners in the CIE network through monitoring network performance, providing ongoing partner support, one-onone coaching, creation of peer learning opportunities, leading performance improvement and innovation initiatives and co-creating solutions to improve care coordination in our region. This is a hands-on role contributing to the success of the CIE partner network and will enable clinical and community partners to engage more deeply through participation in community care coordination technology systems in order to share client information, manage referrals and share client outcomes. Reporting to HealthierHere's Associate Director for CIE, Community Network Manager will work across HealthierHere's other initiatives to help optimize the community information exchange.
HealthierHere’s goal is to build a highly skilled, diverse and motivated team of employees, working together to meet our community’s needs. The Community Network Manager will prioritize social justice and equity and be committed to creating forward progress in transforming the health of the population in King County..
- Identify opportunities for network and service improvement with the goal of building a strong and robust CIE in King County
Provide ongoing support, training and peer learning opportunities to network members
- Review network data to assess service gaps and identify organizations that could fill those gaps; work closely with HealthierHere staff to determine appropriate outreach strategies.
- Identify new functionality and services that could deliver value to CIE partners, users and community members.
- Support the roll-out of new functionality and services by advising on design and implementation, as needed
- Contribute to the evaluation of new products and services to ensure effective use and implementation by network members.
- Provide input and insights to evaluation activities, including identification of user stories and experience, interpretation of network and partner performance data and design of relevant measures for ongoing evaluation.
Support the development of innovation initiatives to increase participation, engagement and impact
- Review partner performance data to identify opportunities for peer to peer learning, continuous improvement and other types of partner support.
- Co-design and lead learning and improvement activities with engaged partners.
- Engage with network partners in a consulting role to understand their current processes and recommend areas of improvement to optimize the use of the platform
- Provide feedback to Unite Us (or other technology platforms) on training, onboarding and technology features. Advocate for updates and changes based on partner feedback.
- Engage with partners and lead remediation efforts for any identified issues.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of Network Partner meetings.
Align with HealthierHere internal goals, values and initiatives
- Identify and scope opportunities for clinical and community innovations with input from network partners and HealthierHere staff members
- Develop request for proposals (RFPs) for potential innovation activities and other key scoping and communication documents
- Review applications and/or proposal submissions and participate on the selection committee to identify partners who are well positioned to collaborate and improve care coordination for specific needs and/or populations
- Support implementation of innovations, as appropriate. This may include participating in innovation partner meetings and other engagement to understand progress and evaluate impact.
- Coordinate with other transformation work, making sure implementation of the CIE is in alignment with other HealthierHere activities and leverages those initiatives to advance collective goals
- Coordinate the collection of successful client stories for HealthierHere communications
- Build effective working relationships with peers, leadership and partners
- Apply HealthierHere’s equity and inclusion principles to ensure that the CIE reflects the organization’s values
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 7 years’ experience working with clinical and/or community partners on health-related programs that focus on the integration of services
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing equity and supporting anti-racism practices within the delivery system
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written, with the ability to build trust while mobilizing people to take action
- Demonstrated problem solver; ability to identify partner “painpoints” and collaboratively develop solutions to address them; “customer success” experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to engage individuals representing different cultures and backgrounds with ease, adapting language and style to the context both in person and at a distance
- Experience providing social or clinical services and/or navigation services in King County preferred
- Experience synthesizing and interpreting data and leading quality or performance improvement initiatives preferred
- Experience supporting clients and/or partners while ensuring they meet shared community standards
- Experience leading projects to completion with limited supervision
- Experience designing and implementing peer and other learning programs and/or implementing new initiatives and system transformation a plus
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment
How to apply:
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an equal opportunity employer, HealthierHere is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Healthier Here does not discriminate in employment based on age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. People of color, women, veterans, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.