HealthierHere: Senior Financial Analyst
Who is HealthierHere?
HealthierHere is a newly created nonprofit Limited Liability Company (LLC) and subsidiary of Seattle Foundation. They are dedicated to reducing health disparities and improving the health and well-being of all people in the King County region. They work in partnership with providers, community organizations and consumers to catalyze and test new and better ways to respond to health and social problems so that the system can work better for everyone. HealthierHere is also the contracted Accountable Community of Health (ACH) for the region with responsibility for developing and overseeing innovations funded through the state’s Medicaid Transformation Project (MTP).
As an organization, HealthierHere operates under a set of core values that include equity, community, partnership, innovation, and results. These values guide their work with each other and with community partners.
HealthierHere is moving forward a portfolio of delivery system reform activities in alignment with the Health Care Authority’s Healthier Washington plan and goals as described in the Medicaid Transformation Project Toolkit. HealthierHere’s project portfolio includes activities related to bi-directional integration of physical and behavioral health, chronic disease prevention and management, care transitions, and addressing the opioid crisis. In addition, HealthierHere is committed to system transformation activities that include robust care coordination, addressing the social determinants of health, and reducing health disparities in the region.
More information about HealthierHere can be found on their website. Information about Healthier Washington and the Medicaid Transformation Project can be found on the Washington State Health Care Authority website.
What's the Opportunity?
The Senior Financial Analyst reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for participating in, supporting and informing strategy discussions around the earning and allocation of incentive dollars as well as value-based purchasing (VBP) approaches and methodologies. This position will work with a network of providers and community partners to understand the community project needs, as well as
with the Governing Board, HealthierHere staff and committees as needed. The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of health, including health equity, social determinants of health, and health care delivery and financing systems. This is a professional position involving daily project management.
The Senior Financial Analyst will prioritize social justice and equity and be committed to creating forward progress in transforming the health of the population in King County.
Core duties include:
Support the creation of financial models that test and operationalize investment decisions
- Coordinate with the Financial Executor on distribution of payments to HealthierHere partners
- Maintain financial models that forecast and track the cash flow for Delivery System Reform Incentive (DSRIP) payments
- Maintain a ledger of DSRIP funds earned by, and disbursed by HealthierHere
- Develop and maintain project DSRIP budgets in order to track implementation and variances from the budget
- Support the creation of communications to HealthierHere’s providers and stakeholders regarding funds flow and other Medication Transformation financial requirements
- Support/inform strategies to enable HealthierHere partners to transition to providers’ Value Based Purchasing (VBP) approaches in alignment with Medicaid Transformation Project (MTP) activities, including connecting partners to technical assistance resource
- Prepare and conduct presentations in support of HealthierHere’s financing, DSRIP implementation and VBP
What Is HealthierHere Looking For?
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree with five years of experience in financial or accounting role in hospital, managed care, public agency, or related field
- Understanding of health care financing and budgeting processes
- Working knowledge of Medicaid, Medicaid financing, and/or 1115 Waivers
- Experience with provider contracting and value-based payment (VBP) arrangements
- Financial modeling experience
- Strong quantitative skills
- At least intermediate experience in developing Powerpoint (or similar) presentations
- Strong project management skills
- At least intermediate level in Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in a variety of settings and media with a wide range of audiences
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively with others in a fast-paced environment
$100,000 - $135,000
How Do I Apply?
As an equal opportunity employer, Healthier Here is committed to a diverse, multi-cultural work environment. Healthier Here does not discriminate in employment based on age, race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation. People of color, women, veterans, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com