Job for Partner Organization: Perigee Fund - Administrative Assistant
Perigee Fund, a new philanthropic endeavor based in Seattle working in the field of early childhood development and family support, is seeking applications for an Administrative Assistant.
The role is flexible and designed for candidates interested in working 24-40 hours per week. Salary is competitive for the position and the non-profit sector. Benefits include fully-paid employee health, dental, and vision insurance, paid time-off, a 401k plan with employer match, commute assistance, and cell phone reimbursement.
A Baby’s Future Starts Now. Brain development between the prenatal period and three years of age is critical for children. Experiences during this time influence the ability to trust others, manage emotions, communicate, and learn. These skills, in turn, can predict later academic, economic, and social success. Despite this, professional education, programming, and caregiver supports for this period continue to be undervalued and underfunded at all levels. Recognizing this gap, Perigee Fund has committed significant resources over the next two decades to invest across maternal health and early childhood systems with a focus on the well-being of very young children, parents, and other caregivers, particularly for those most affected by early childhood trauma. With its dedicated focus on early relationships and experiences, Perigee Fund will be one of the top ten early childhood philanthropies in the United States. Perigee Fund has a deep focus in Washington State, invests in training and field infrastructure across the Northwest, and contributes to the work of practice and policy leaders across the US.
The name “Perigee” is a metaphor for the concept of secure attachment in children, whereby the child, moving in the “orbit” around a primary caregiver, can safely enjoy both the warmth of intimacy and the joy of independent discovery and exploration within the relationship.
A Growing Team. Perigee began operations in 2018 and has recently grown to a team of six staff. The Administrative Assistant will join this collaborative and committed team in the early stages of building processes and establishing priorities, and will work closely with the Senior Grants, Contracts and Office Administrator. This new role will help manage a variety of ongoing administrative and operations activities.
The ideal candidate will be committed to Perigee’s mission and will have three or more years of work experience in an office setting. S/he/they will bring a proactive, practical, and positive mindset and be highly conscientious, with strong communications and administrative skills. The Administrative Assistant will bring both discipline and flexibility to the Perigee Fund team. S/he/they will contribute to the effectiveness, efficiency, and culture of the growing Perigee Fund team with:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, characterized by diplomacy, kindness, and good judgment in managing interactions with individuals at all levels.
- A conscientious and rigorous approach to maintaining systems and processing transactions. Organized with a keen attention to detail.
- The ability to set priorities and meet deadlines while balancing both immediate requests and ongoing tasks, ranging from event planning to record keeping.
- Solution-oriented, able to proactively work with team members to establish or improve processes.
- A demonstrated ability to independently and successfully manage work in a quickly changing organization.
- A proficiency with office software – MS Office required, other software expertise is a plus.
- Ability to attend and participate in occasional activities outside core business hours (early morning or evening).
- An optimistic outlook and the humor, integrity, and patience necessary to work within an environment where change is expected, and all team members are asked to help define Perigee Fund’s values, culture, strategy, and operations.
- A high school diploma, Administrative Assistant Certificate, AA, or bachelor’s degree is preferred.
The Administrative Assistant will manage a range of day-to-day administrative and operations tasks to support the Perigee Fund team. S/he/they will work closely with the Senior Grants, Program, and Office Administrator to schedule meetings, support the office, and process transactions.
- Maintain organized files and records and a system for tracking, monitoring and prioritizing tasks.
- Manage communications with vendors and contractors and process invoices.
- Assist in scheduling and planning meetings and events.
- Provide communications support and assistance to ensure timely responses to inquiries.
- Interact and communicate clearly and consistently with team members, service providers, grantees, and partners.
- Attend and participate in Perigee Fund team meetings.
- Work on special projects and respond to Perigee Fund colleagues’ requests as support and coverage are needed.
- Manage memberships, subscriptions, and office supplies.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume to the Perigee Fund team at email@example.com.
This position will remain open until filled.
More information about the Perigee Fund may be found at: www.perigeefund.org.
Perigee Fund is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.