Seattle International Foundation: Part-Time Partnerships Officer
Who is Seattle International Foundation?
Seattle International Foundation (SIF) champions good governance and equity in Central America through support for rule of law and a robust civil society. SIF has granted more than $24 million to 243 high impact organizations in 81 countries. In addition to its grantmaking portfolio, SIF implements key programs initiatives in the region, including the Central America Donors Forum, the Central American and Mexico Youth Fund, the Centroamérica Adelante leadership program and the Independent Journalism Fund.
SIF was founded in 2008 as a supporting organization to Seattle Foundation for the purpose of increasing and enhancing international philanthropy and development from the Pacific Northwest. In 2018, SIF refined its strategy to focus 100% of its efforts on Central America. SIF has staff based in the United States, Mexico and Central America. To learn more about the Seattle International Foundation, visit www.seaif.org
What's the Opportunity?
SIF is seeking a dynamic and passionate professional to manage a development pipeline of existing and potential partners to maintain strong donor relationships that deepen and grow over time. The Partnerships Officer will manage donor reporting, write proposals and serve as an ambassador for SIF, with the goal of expanding the Foundation’s impact in Central America and ensuring sustainability of the Foundation’s current programs. The position is part time (20-30 hrs/week) and the start date is June 2019.
The Partnerships Officer will report to the Deputy Director, and will work closely with the Executive Director, Director of Finance and Operations and Program Staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Manage the development pipeline and collaborate with Directors and Program Officers in setting development priorities
- Lead the development of compelling reports, concept notes, proposals, and presentations for donors, partners and internal stakeholders, coordinating with Programs and Finance teams to ensure accurate impact and financial reporting
- Track and monitor reporting deadlines of projects associated with partnerships
Build and maintain collaborative relationships with current institutional donors, and identify and cultivate prospective donors
Facilitate the ongoing relationship-building efforts of the Foundation leadership with external audiences
- Represent SIF as a passionate and informed spokesperson for equity, rule of law, and forced migration in Central America
Prepare meeting briefs, conduct research, and prepare monthly productivity reports among other related assignments
- Prepare and personalize donor acknowledgement and thank you letters
- Proactively maintain an understanding of the philanthropy landscape; identify and support opportunities to elevate SIF in the wider foundations/philanthropy landscape
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
What is Seattle International Foundation Looking For?
- Must embrace the mission and vision of Seattle International Foundation
- Demonstrated work experience in Latin America; knowledge of and commitment to advancing development efforts for Mexico and Central America
- Minimum of 3-5 years development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be a highly skilled writer, with excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Collaborative personality with a dedication to teamwork
- Fluency in English and Spanish required.
- Strong organizational skills, planning abilities, and attention to detail; must be able to follow through on all assigned tasks and goals
- Must be a natural networker and independent self-starter with a high level of professional maturity, judgement and confidence
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and comfortable working through ambiguity to complete projects
- Must be an excellent researcher with proven talent for creating compelling proposals
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software; willingness to learn new programs
- Must be US citizen or have legal authority to work in US
- Ability to travel, domestically and internationally, up to 25% of your time
Position ideally based in Seattle, WA but willing to hire remote staff for the right fit.
How Do I Apply?
Submit a resume and cover letter in English to email@example.com by May 27, 2019. Include your full name and the title of this position in the subject line of your email (i.e. “Jane Doe – Partnerships Officer”).