Philanthropy has the power to ensure all people have an equal opportunity to achieve their full potential. Seattle Foundation provides the expertise, network of partners and research that enables philanthropists to maximize their impact in meeting our community’s most critical needs. Every day, we convene, communicate with and catalyze our philanthropic partners, uniting passion and discipline to create lasting change. We call this intersection the heart and science of philanthropy.

Visit the GIVEBIG website to learn about the community nonprofits we work with.

  • 1,200

    Number of community philanthropists working with Seattle Foundation to create lasting change



    man standing in field silhouetted with gray overlay
  • Over $1 billion

    Total amount Seattle Foundation has invested over the past 70 years to help make Greater Seattle a stronger, more vibrant community for all



    child drawing with markers with gray overlay
  • Almost $100 million

    Total funds raised the past seven years via Seattle Foundation’s annual GiveBIG online event



    view of skyscrapers with trees bordering image with gray overlay
  • 11,643

    Number of people unsheltered in King County

    Source: All Home: 2017 Count Us In Report



    tentcity on I-5
  • 2160%

    Difference in average income between Seattle's top 1% and the other 99%

    Source: Economic Policy Institute: Income Inequality in the U.S. by state, metro area and county, June 16, 2016



    people walking the city streets with gray overlay

Philanthropy is critical

Our region is prospering, yet many of our community members have been left behind in the rush of new opportunities and wealth. Philanthropy can help right this imbalance by ensuring that everyone in our community has the chance to thrive. Seattle Foundation guides philanthropists to make investments that directly address inequities and result in powerful change.

Impact

The Voice of Philanthropy in Our Community

GiveBIG logo May 9 2018

What is Dollars for Change?

April 17, 2018

Dollars for Change is a donor-driven effort that will award more than $250,000 to participating King County nonprofits. 

Panelists discuss elephant conservation

Save The Elephants Shares Progress

April 17, 2018

New partnerships, innovation and technology bring hope to saving endangered elephants

Paola Maranan

In Other Words: Paola Maranan

April 17, 2018

A conversation with the Executive Director of the Children's Alliance