By: Cindy Sharek, Director of Gift Planning
Seattle Foundation counts professional advisors among our closest partners. The Professional Advisors Council (PAC) is a group of advisors who meet regularly throughout the year to exchange charitable giving ideas, share new issues in philanthropy, and establish relationships with other advisors.
Professional advisors such as attorneys, accountants, and wealth advisors provide expert counsel to their clients for lifetime and legacy giving in a similar way that Seattle Foundation’s philanthropic advisors guide our philanthropists’ strategic grantmaking and family philanthropy. Through our partnership, Seattle Foundation helps professional advisors identify the best solutions for clients, from establishing a Donor Advised Fund, to providing strategic counsel or back-office support to private foundations, to integrating philanthropy into an estate plan.
Over the years, we have been fortunate to work with many dedicated professional advisors as part of PAC. It is with sincere gratitude that we acknowledge those who have transitioned from the committee in 2022:
- Wendy Goffe, Partner at Stoel Rives, LLP joined the PAC in 2009.
- Colleen Ramires, Senior Tax Manager at Moss Adams joined the PAC in 2021.
- Lori Rath, Partner at Cirrus Law PLLC became a PAC member in 2015.
Thank you, Wendy, Colleen, and Lori!
With their departures, we are also excited to announce three new members who have recently joined the Professional Advisors Committee.
- Wendy Campos is a Partner at Moss Adams. She has been in public accounting since 2000 and focuses primarily on tax-exempt organizations including foundations (both private and public), higher education institutions, hospitals, credit unions, trade associations, and other not-for-profit organizations. Wendy is a highly capable business advisor to her clients, providing compliance and consulting in several areas. She is also the firm’s tax leader for the following industries: government, not-for-profit, higher education, tribal and gaming, and utilities.
- Jen Mosley is a Senior Manager at Moss Adams. She started her career in public accounting in 2006. She’s responsible for tax planning, consulting, and compliance for a variety of clients, including individuals, partnerships, corporations, and trusts. Jen provides tax, financial and estate planning services to business owners, executives, and families with the mission of helping them define, measure, and achieve their financial goals. She also assists with complex income and estate tax planning needs.
- Jenny Tuohy is an Associate at Stoel Rives. She enjoys working with clients to find legal solutions that allow them to better realize their business and community goals. She draws upon her corporate experience to assist a variety of nonprofit and mission-driven organizations with formation structure, governance and compliance issues, and strategic affiliations. In addition to her work with nonprofits and purpose-driven companies, Jenny helps navigate the unique challenges of family businesses and create effective succession plans. She also represents clients in a variety of industries including education, tech, healthcare, food and beverage, and manufacturing.
Welcome Wendy, Jen, and Jenny!