Philanthropy has the power to ensure all people have an equal opportunity to achieve their full potential. Seattle Foundation provides the expertise, network of partners and research that enables philanthropists to maximize their impact in meeting our community’s most critical needs. Every day, we convene, communicate with and catalyze our philanthropic partners, uniting passion and discipline to create lasting change. We call this intersection the heart and science of philanthropy.

Visit the GIVEBIG website to learn about the community nonprofits we work with.

  • 1,200

    Number of community philanthropists working with Seattle Foundation to create lasting change



    man standing in field silhouetted with gray overlay
  • Over $1 billion

    Total amount Seattle Foundation has invested over the past 70 years to help make Greater Seattle a stronger, more vibrant community for all



    child drawing with markers with gray overlay
  • Almost $100 million

    Total funds raised the past seven years via Seattle Foundation’s annual GiveBIG online event



    view of skyscrapers with trees bordering image with gray overlay
  • 11,643

    Number of people unsheltered in King County

    Source: All Home: 2017 Count Us In Report



    tentcity on I-5
  • 2160%

    Difference in average income between Seattle's top 1% and the other 99%

    Source: Economic Policy Institute: Income Inequality in the U.S. by state, metro area and county, June 16, 2016



    people walking the city streets with gray overlay

Philanthropy is critical

Our region is prospering, yet many of our community members have been left behind in the rush of new opportunities and wealth. Philanthropy can help right this imbalance by ensuring that everyone in our community has the chance to thrive. Seattle Foundation guides philanthropists to make investments that directly address inequities and result in powerful change.

Impact

The Voice of Philanthropy in Our Community

Art by Merecedes Sarah eighth grade

Holocaust-Inspired Student Art at Seattle Foundation

February 21, 2018

Holocaust Center for Humanity exhibits winning works by youth that explore social justice

The heart and rhythm of philanthropy header

Tony Mestres, the Cha-Cha and Plymouth Housing

February 19, 2018

President & CEO Tony Mestres will compete in “Seattle Dances” to raise funds to support Plymouth Housing Group’s programs and services

Seattle Skyline

"New Localism" Lands in Seattle

February 15, 2018

Bruce Katz discusses where the real power to create change lies and how it can be used to address our communities' most serious social, economic, and environmental challenges.