Neighbor to Neighbor (N2N)
Building leadership among community members to organize and lead positive change in their communities.
Neighbor to Neighbor (N2N) is founded on the core values of Seattle Foundation: equity and opportunity.
N2N supports grassroots efforts that increase engagement, power and influence of community members affected by poverty and racial disparities. Begun in 1991, N2N is a grant and technical assistance program and a key strategy of Seattle Foundation’s Center for Community Partnerships. Serving community-based organizations in South Seattle, White Center and Kent, N2N plays a crucial role in supporting the Foundation’s mission: to ignite powerful and rewarding philanthropy to make Greater Seattle a stronger, more vibrant community for all.
For more in-depth yearly reports on the annual N2N grantee convenings & more, check out
Learn More About Neighbor to Neighbor
In celebration of N2N’s 30th year anniversary, together with the South Seattle Emerald, N2N produced a commemorative booklet of our community story- highlighting our grantees, partners, staff, funders and overall 30 year commitment to advancing racial equity. Learn & read more below.
Explore different ways you can get involved, including contributing and applying for grants.
About Neighbor to Neighbor
N2N reimagines community philanthropy. We connect community advocates with funders, foundation peers, and other partners. N2N’s grants program bolsters the leadership capacity of grassroots organizations and brings groups together to strengthen authentic collaboration and learning.
Neighbor to Neighbor Applicants
N2N supports grassroots efforts that lead to increased engagement, power and influence of community members affected by poverty and racial disparities. Priority is on efforts led by people from communities of color, black, Native, indigenous, immigrant/refugee and low income communities.
Documenting what we’ve learned from Community below.
N2N piloted an effort to support a cohort of ten past N2N grantees to pursue self-determined social change projects aimed at building community power and shifting local conditions towards greater racial equity. The 2020 report tells the story of how this project was designed by the community, elevates the grantees’ successes, and offers recommendations to the broader funding community:
April 2020: Advancing Racial Equity Cohort Project Learnings
The annual N2N grantee convenings began in 2015 as a way to lift up the expertise of the N2N community and share their experiences and knowledge in order to advance racial and economic equity. Convenings include aligned partners and funders, celebrate culture and neighborhood diversity and dedicate time for both facilitated conversations and open networking. These Reports share the highlights of the conversations and offer recommendations on how to continue to support grassroots communities of color.
– June 2019: N2N Grantee Convening Report
– May 2018: N2N Grantee Convening Report
– November 2017: N2N Grantee Convening Report
– November 2016: N2N Grantee Convening Report
– December 2015: N2N Grantee Convening Report
In the Community
Read the latest news from Neighbor to Neighbor
- Never Too Early: N2N 2023 Winter SpotlightBy Aileen Balahadia // Grantmaking program Neighbor to Neighbor spotlights Olu Productions and announces our 2023 Winter Grantees.
- Cultura Cura / Culture Cures: Neigbor to Neighbor (N2N) Fall 2022 SpotlightBy Aileen Balahadia // Fall’s round of N2N grantees demonstrate how Cultura Cura or “culture cures.” N2N has a long history of partnering with Black, Indigenous and people of color, along with immigrants, refugees and youth building community and transforming their neighborhoods.
- Neighbor to Neighbor expands to SeaTac/TukwilaSeaTac/Tukwila communities are creating a region where residents work together so everyone thrives; N2N’s expansion aims to bolster their efforts with support and new investments. For more than 30 years, Neighbor to Neighbor (N2N) has advanced racial equity by investing in the power of place and community. This commitment continues with the addition of our […]