Neighbor to Neighbor (N2N)
Building community leaders to organize and lead positive change in their communities
Neighbor to Neighbor (N2N) is founded on the core values of Seattle Foundation: equity and opportunity. N2N supports grassroots efforts that increase engagement, power and influence of community members affected by poverty and racial disparities. See all 2022 grants funded
Begun in 1991, N2N is a grant and technical assistance program and a key strategy of Seattle Foundation’s Core Programs. Serving community-based organizations in South Seattle, White Center, Kent and SeaTac/Tukwila, N2N plays a crucial role in supporting the Foundation’s mission: to ignite powerful and rewarding philanthropy to make Greater Seattle a stronger, more vibrant community for all.
More about Neighbor to Neighbor
In celebration of N2N’s 30th year anniversary, together with the South Seattle Emerald, N2N produced a commemorative booklet of our community story — highlighting our grantees, partners, staff, funders and overall 30 year commitment to advancing racial equity.
What We Learned from the Community
N2N piloted an effort to support a cohort of ten past N2N grantees to pursue self-determined social change projects aimed at building community power and shifting local conditions towards greater racial equity. The 2020 report tells the story of how this project was designed by the community, elevates the grantees’ successes, and offers recommendations to the broader funding community.
The annual N2N grantee convenings began in 2015 as a way to lift up the expertise of the N2N community and share their experiences and knowledge in order to advance racial and economic equity. Convenings include aligned partners and funders, celebrate culture and neighborhood diversity and dedicate time for both facilitated conversations and open networking.
Grantee Convening Reports
These reports share the highlights of the conversations and offer recommendations on how to continue to support grassroots communities of color.
- April 2020: Advancing Racial Equity Cohort Project Learnings
- June 2019: N2N Grantee Convening Report
- May 2018: N2N Grantee Convening Report
- November 2017: N2N Grantee Convening Report
- November 2016: N2N Grantee Convening Report
- December 2015: N2N Grantee Convening Report
N2N connect community advocates with funders, foundation peers, and other partners, bolstering the leadership capacity of grassroots organizations and bringing groups together for authentic collaboration and learning.
N2N reimagines community philanthropy. Watch highlights from our grantees, partners, staff, funders and overall 30 year commitment to advancing racial equity.
N2N supports grassroots efforts to increase engagement, power, and influence of community members affected by poverty and racial disparities. We prioritize efforts led by people from communities of color, black, Native, indigenous, immigrant/refugee, and low income communities.
- They’ve Got Your Back: N2N Spotlight Spring 2023By Aileen Balahadia // Meet Neighbor to Neighbor’s 2023 Spring Grantees! For more than 31 years, N2N has had the privilege of learning from grassroots organizations working to make our region a place that brings joy to everyone.
- Never Too Early: N2N 2023 Winter SpotlightBy Aileen Balahadia // Grantmaking program Neighbor to Neighbor spotlights Olu Productions and announces our 2023 Winter Grantees.
- Cultura Cura / Culture Cures: Neigbor to Neighbor (N2N) Fall 2022 SpotlightBy Aileen Balahadia // Fall’s round of N2N grantees demonstrate how Cultura Cura or “culture cures.” N2N has a long history of partnering with Black, Indigenous and people of color, along with immigrants, refugees and youth building community and transforming their neighborhoods.