Philanthropy has the power to ensure all people have an equal opportunity to achieve their full potential. Seattle Foundation provides the expertise, network of partners and research that enables philanthropists to maximize their impact in meeting our community’s most critical needs. Every day, we convene, communicate with and catalyze our philanthropic partners, uniting passion and discipline to create lasting change. We call this intersection the heart and science of philanthropy.

  • Nonprofit of the Year

    Seattle Foundation is honored to be recognized at Seattle Business Magazine’s Community Impact Awards.



    Tony Mestres and SeaFdn staff accept Nonprofit of the Year Award
  • 1,200

    Number of community philanthropists working with Seattle Foundation to create lasting change



    man standing in field silhouetted with gray overlay
  • Over $1 billion

    Total amount Seattle Foundation has invested over the past 70 years to help make Greater Seattle a stronger, more vibrant community for all



    child drawing with markers with gray overlay
  • 12,112

    Number of people experiencing homelessness in King County

    Source: All Home: 2018 Count Us In Report



    tentcity on I-5
  • 2160%

    Difference in average income between Seattle's top 1% and the other 99%

    Source: Economic Policy Institute: Income Inequality in the U.S. by state, metro area and county, June 16, 2016



    people walking the city streets with gray overlay

Philanthropy is critical

Our region is prospering, yet many of our community members have been left behind in the rush of new opportunities and wealth. Philanthropy can help right this imbalance by ensuring that everyone in our community has the chance to thrive. Seattle Foundation guides philanthropists to make investments that directly address inequities and result in powerful change.

Impact

The Voice of Philanthropy in Our Community

N2N Spotlight: Matumaini Counseling and Community Center

N2N Spotlight: Matumaini Counseling and Community Center

December 21, 2018

Matumaini provides culturally appropriate mental health education and counseling in the African American community.

Photographers John & Lisa Merrill at an exhibit of their images

A Life Behind the Lens

December 20, 2018

Lisa and John Merrill shine a light on the work of nonprofits with compelling photographs.

Matching job needs with local talent

Matching Job Needs with Local Talent

December 18, 2018

The ‘Opportunity Mirage’ report shows that our region needs to develop more homegrown workers to access job here. Seattle Region Partnership is helping close the gap between the demand for workers and the educational pathways needed to meet them.